Ralf Martin Spielhofen
Ralf Martin Spielhofen is the founding and senior partner (CEO) of RECHTSANWALTSKANZLEI SPIELHOFEN. He is a lawyer and commercial law specialist.
- Law studies with focus on commercial law – Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
- Economics studies – Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
- Research associate at the Institut für Wirtschaftsrecht, Arbeits- und Sozialrecht der Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau
- Junior lawyer in Stuttgart and Cologne
- Education and work at Boden Oppenhoff Rasor Raue (1994: Germany’s largest internationally operating law firm) in Cologne
- Admitted to the Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court (1995)
- Lawyer (associate) in an internationally operating, regional commercial law firm focusing on Poland in Düsseldorf (1995-2000)
- Founding and senior partner of RECHTSANWALTSKANZLEI SPIELHOFEN (since 2000)
- Arbitrator at the Arbitration Court of the German-Polish Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK Poland) [from 2019]]
Main focus areas:
Ralf Spielhofen is primarily active in advising foreign companies, especially from Central Eastern Europe, on all questions of corporate law. He focuses on issues of cross-border trade, including the posting of employees to Germany, construction law aspects, corporate law issues, along with the subjects of contract, commercial and distribution law, and cross-border passenger transport. He represents well-known companies in European steel, power plant, and plant construction, building construction, as well as in the international meat processing, chemical, textile and fashion, defence, and transport industries. The fashion companies he represents are among the largest in Europe. Many bus companies operating throughout Europe also trust his advice. His main focus areas also include criminal law defence with respect to the imposition of fines in the investigations of the central customs offices, employment agencies and district governments.
Ralf Spielhofen is a regular speaker on commercial law topics, such as the international deployment of employees and start-ups, in lectures to executives from politics and business at home and abroad. For example, at events organised by the association of polish contractors, but also at his own seminars for the German plant management industry and for the German, Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgarian meat processing industry. Ralf Spielhofen appears as a party representative before arbitration courts in various countries, and from 2019 has been an arbitrator at the arbitration court of the German-Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AHK Poland). He maintains contacts with well-known economic and business associations in Europe as well as with domestic and foreign governmental organisations.
Ralf Spielhofen is co-author of the 2018/2019 publication “Marktleitfaden Deutschland/Market Guide to Germany” (“Niemcy – Przewodnik po rynku”) by the Republic of Poland Ministry of Development Subordinate Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH), where he mainly deals with the legal foundations of entrepreneurial activity in Germany.